Sunday 20 March 2011


Finally I have my computer back....... Yipeee!! So I thought I would post a few photos that I took of the Supermoon from last night. I was quite amazed that when this moon started to rise, it was more like a sunset than a moon rise, it was so bright.


























I wanted to make them as moody as possible so was glad we had cloud as this added to the drama. No vampires or werwolves about which was a shame.
Did anyone else capture this event? if so please post.


I will be catching up on your posts over the next week or so now i have Vicky back (thats my computer by the way) 
Lastly I would like to send my thoughts to everyone effected by the recent earthquake and tsunami. My heart goes out to these people and I hope the worldwide community unites to help a country devastated by this natural event.

14 comments:

Madalina Dascalu said...

the moon also fool of magic, nice shots

MadSnapper said...

so glad to hear from you and that "vicky" is well again. welcome back. beautiful photo, so maybe you had lots of time to take photos with no computer to steal your time.

Sarah said...

Glad you're back with us again. What great photos. How do you manage to get them so clear? Mine always come out weird, so as much as I wanted to, I didn't bother last night x

S. Etole said...

What beautiful shots ... it was clouded over here.

Sérgio Pontes said...

The last one is very nice

Montanagirl said...

Welcome back! Been missing your posts. Your moon shots are gorgeous. I didn't get any of it -

Scott Law said...

Welcome back. I'm so glad you got your computer fixed. WE did not get to enjoy the Supermoon because of heavy cloud cover. Very disappointed. These are great. Thanks for sharing.

ju-north said...

Great to have you back! these moon shots are worth waiting for!

MadSnapper said...

they are all beautiful, its funny to me, but your moon in the UK looks a lot like the one here in the US.. ha ha

Amelia & Mihai-Stefan CHIRCA said...

Glad to see you back ;) We miss you!

Lisa said...

Stunning . Just stunning. It was overcast here and I couldnt see the moon. It was light out and seem to reflect off the snow we still have.
Happy to hear you have a new comp.
Congrats. and Happy Spring.

Elaine said...

Glad to hear your computer is back up and running. Super shots of the super moon! I did get a good view of it late, but as it was well up in the sky didn't try for any photos.

Unknown said...

Hi Kev,

Welcome back and nice to hear from you again.

Yes the moon was very bright that day,

I didnt get the moonrise coz I was at work, (I must have told you before I work nights)

..but not to be deterred, had to sneaked out during my tea break, drove to the Quay and managed to get some decent shots of the moon at around midnight.

On your question how do I find the time, I guess the above paragraph answers it. lol

Best Regards,
Dave

By the way if you have time Im on Flickr, are you?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveq-uk/

ditto

Kenneth Larsson said...

Very nice shots! I like them a lot!

Have a nice day! :-)