Sunday 22 May 2011

A Model World


Welcome to a miniature world.......... Or is it....... Well actually it's not, it is a photoshop effect !


Tilt shift lenses focus on a single area and Tilt (blur) the rest of the image giving this modal effect. These lenses tend to be expensive but a similar effect can be achieved using photoshop.


Above ground photos Cityscapes, crowds, streets work really well for this technique.  
I hope you like these fun little images my next post will show you how to do this for yourself it's quite fun. 

7 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I do like them, especially the last one, waiting to learn.

S. Etole said...

will be waiting to see how you did that!

ju-north said...

Me too!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I think this tilt shift thing is so cool, and to be able to do it without the expensive lens is a bonus. I'll be looking forward to your tutorial.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like great fun. It's amazing how much you can do with photoshop. I have an older version and don't always take advantage of its features and fun stuff.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

I am intrigued and thrilled that you are going to share this with us! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

Bises,
Genie

Scott Law said...

I've been wanting to do this, but haven't found just the right photo for it yet. I'll keep looking. Thank you for some really good examples.